The district and the building stock
In Bratislava, high demand of affordable housing for low costs resulted in a very low building quality. High-rise buildings in many areas are poorly insulated and aren’t airtight anymore. The cost of replacing of these buildings in a short term would be well beyond the means, because flats are owner occupied.
Technical and non technical measures
- Energy consumption of buildings:
- Insulation of peripheral constructions
- Roof insulation,
- Insulation of windows,
- Joint sealing of peripheral panels
Heating systems in buildings:
- Increase the level of weather-compensated regulation,
- Installation of thermostatic valves
- Adjustment of systems.
Hot water preparation:
- Increase of the insulation of all parts of the system
- Measurement of hot water usage,
- Efficient decentralization of domestic hot water.
Impact and Socio-economic impact for the area
Energy saving compared to national regulation should reach up to 43 %. The estimate durability of the house will be increased as well as the living comfort.